Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Portland

Racing in Portland was made all the more exciting since I got to stay with a childhood friend from my Chicago days.

Kirsten was the ultimate host / super-sherpa. She had never been to a triathlon before and did an amazing job of pretending that all the aerodynamic spandex-clad dorks were perfectly normal.We laughed a lot.

We did important things including pre-race pedicures.

View from where I was staying.

Every ride I did pre-race included quite a bit of this: /\/\/\/\

I liked this fence...

Beautiful green!

Towering trees.

And some Dr. Seuss-ish looking trees.

I am working on the race report - but need to gather some photos first to go with all the blah-blah-blah details. I also need to sell some microscopes in the meantime...

7 comments:

Beth said...

Childhood friend reunions are the best! Portland looks beautiful!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

OK, I'll take 10 of these....

Meiji-mc70t-trinocular-measuring-microscope

Do you take cash?

Teresa said...

Looks beautiful and fun!

tn

JC said...

So awesome!
The Midget calls those tree's brocoli (sp) trees. LOL! Congrats on your race Chica! Sell, sell, sell!

Snakebite said...

Did you get some super healthy athlete type food at Voodoo donuts?

Jason said...

I need to take a page out of your book and stop and take pictures while on ride, but really who wants to see acres and acres and acres and acres of dry grass and flatlands.....this is Texas after all......

Between your race in Ireland and now Portland you have seen so much green and it is gorgeous.

city said...

nice posting.. thanks for sharing.