Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Shadows through Trees

I like those early morning runs where it is cold, but not so cold that my fingers are numb the entire run. (Also, please remember I live in California - cold is a relative term...)

Mornings where there is frost on the ground, but as shadows shorten, it slips away.

Mornings where I go back and forth from shadows to sun, constantly pulling up or pushing down my sleeves - cold, warm, cold, warm.

Morning runs where leaves crunch under my feet.

And mornings where the trail is soft and all I can hear is the clop clop of my shoes, with the occasional bird thrown in. Mornings where I can see shadows through the trees.

8 comments:

Kiet said...

You just made me really miss trail running, time to lace up the shoes and hit the hills to clear the mind, nothing like it. We are lucky that we have this option.

Matt said...

fun post, just dealt with same conditions on trails here, love it!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Gorgeous!

GoBigGreen said...

I see bare flesh exposed:) lucky girl! Enjoy!!

Lisa T said...

Beautiful pictures! You can come visit anytime you miss the cold!

rr said...

Gorgeous photos. I love it where you live...

Meg said...

I agree, I love this time of the year. What about the tips of the long grass that have frost but only on the tips? So pretty...
Happy New Year!

TRI-ROB said...

Whew. I really miss this. Thanks for the reminder.

Breathe...