Thursday, November 17, 2011

With Heart

I really love racing - probably apparent by the quantity of races I compete in each season. I tend to race with a whole lot of heart. I'd actually venture to say I race on a ton of hard work, a huge belief in my abilities, and a lot of heart. I am passionate about sport. This is not to say my sport defines me. No, there is a lot more to Charisa than triathlon. But when I jump into the water on race day, my heart is in for 110% - I'm going to put everything I possibly can into obtaining my goals.

Ironman racing is when all of the hard work and countless hours put into training comes down to a single day. One race. These are the things I look forward to on race day.
  • The national anthem.
  • The hurt. 
  • My friends and the things they will say to make me smile.
  • The final 10k - because it requires the most heart, at a point when the rest of my body wants to say no more.
  • The run. The bike. The swim. (In that order...ha!)
  • Racing against the best girls in the sport.
  • Racing against the clock.
  • The satisfaction at the end of the day that I gave it my all.
  • Knowing I raced with heart. A lot of heart.
To everyone racing Ironman Arizona on Sunday - have fun and enjoy the moment, it's your day. Race with heart.

    14 comments:

    Beth said...

    GOOOOOOOOOO Charisa!!! I can't help but believe that you are ready for a HUGE race with all the improvements you've made this year and all the hard work you've put in!! Know that I and so, so many others are cheering for you sooooo much on Sunday! I have no doubt that racing with heart will result in huge rewards. Have a spectacular day Charisa! :)

    RedRockChica said...

    Beautiful words! :-)

    Molly said...

    Yay! I can't wait to see you on Sunday! Even though you'll be done long before me :-)

    J. L. said...

    I loved this post. Not to be a weird cyber-stalker, but I've had a lot of fun following you this season. I can tell you truly love the sport...and I'm in awe of how you "push it." Best of luck Sunday!

    Caratunk Girl said...

    Best of luck Charisa!!! GO GO GO ! I will be stalking you (not in a creepy way). LOVED this post BTW.

    Christi said...

    Have a great race!

    Wes said...

    LIKE LIKE LIKE. hit a home run eh? :-D

    Lisa T said...

    Awesome! I miss being around you and your big heart. Todd and I will be cheering for you from the store!

    Angela and David said...

    Good luck this weekend!

    Leana said...

    Have a GREAT race this weekend Charisa!!!!

    Hunter Robinson said...

    You're going to nail this race!

    Can't wait to follow you online!

    Lisa said...

    A friend ran me in the last 7 miles of Cape Cod marathon last month and one of the key things she said to me was, "Be in this moment"

    From what I read on your blog, you seem to live that :)

    Cool.

    Running Bums said...

    Sergio and I are sedning positive energy from our hearts so you have a great race! I'm sure yours is already filled to the brim though! Have fun:)

    Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

    Have a great race and tons of fun! I'll be cheering you on from SF but my friend Erica will cheer you on in person-her husband is racing too (only his 2nd IM).