Ironman racing is when all of the hard work and countless hours put into training comes down to a single day. One race. These are the things I look forward to on race day.
- The national anthem.
- The hurt.
- My friends and the things they will say to make me smile.
- The final 10k - because it requires the most heart, at a point when the rest of my body wants to say no more.
- The run. The bike. The swim. (In that order...ha!)
- Racing against the best girls in the sport.
- Racing against the clock.
- The satisfaction at the end of the day that I gave it my all.
- Knowing I raced with heart. A lot of heart.