Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Is...

one of my favorite times of year. To me it is:
  • Extra early sunrise to ride my bike
  • Sitting outside for dinner - no sweater required
  • Icy cold post-run drinks that I start dreaming about 2 miles before I finish
  • Ocean swimming w/out feeling like I am simultaneously ice-bathing
  • Sleeping with open windows
  • Fresh fruit & veggies
  • Butterflies
  • Extra late sunset to finish my run
 Thanks to Helen Dardik for the summer print!

What do you love about summer?

9 comments:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Sounds wonderful and very Socal with those perfectly warm summer temps!

Kiet said...

Summer means no school and spending lots of time in Kona. Aloha! Wish you were here.

Steve said...

well yesterday after running my one dog, I walked another, and we got pored on. It was hot and humid the past two weeks'ish, and me and the little guy got pored on with a cold'ish rain. I laughed, and ran the little bugger home.

I enjoyed that. Sometimes it is just the little things. :)

Jason said...

I love that summer means I am one season closer to Fall (I live in Dallas and the heat is miserable) but truly can't complain because it can always be worse.

Beth said...

I love summer because Oscar is out of school and can train with me sometimes! Oh, and I dream about cold post-run drinks on the last couple miles too! :)

Mandi with an "i" Runs said...

Sounds like winter here in Phoenix... not summers!!

I love summers for night swimming, the water is sooo warm and I LOVE it!

TRI714 said...

early rides. No arm warmers or knee warmers.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

"No sweater required"....

I would die to put on a sweater and sit outside...

Of course when you live in a steam bath like we do in Tampa.. having brunch naked on Mt. Everest sounds great.

ali said...

I love not being cold:))!!!!