Thursday, January 27, 2011

Remember to LIVE

Fifteen years ago today a little bit of light went out in my life when I lost my good friend Allison. It seems a lifetime ago and it also seems like yesterday when she would pull me out of class in college to go on some "adventure". I feel lucky that I had the opportunity to share a lot of laughs with Allison.

On a ski trip in Colorado. Please note how fashionable we both were. Unfortunately I do not have video of what amazing skiers we were as well! Losing Allison was hard. But it also taught me a lot about life and trying not to take things for granted. Something I have been very grateful for over the years.

So in honoring my friend Allison - I invite you to enjoy something in life today. Don't just go through the day - stop and enjoy the view along the way. And have a good laugh!

12 comments:

TRI714 said...

wow I was actually having a challenging day today. Up until my planned lunch work out. After sucking it up I chose to just be stoked for what I have and run the rest of the crap out of my mind. Very timely, sorry for your loss. But good for you to celebrate her life.

Molly said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a good reminder as I'm having a grumpy overtired sort of day.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Wonderful words of wisdom Charisa.

Christi said...

I celebrated life today with a great ride outdoors today!

I am sorry for your loss.

Teresa said...

Great to be reminded....life is way too short!

Big hugs Charisa!

tn

solarpowered said...

I'm sorry you've had this loss. :(

My grandmother, who I was very close with, passed away one year ago today.

Although the weather (snow!) hit us hard last night, I enjoyed today's sunshine, and I smiled at every thought of my Meme.

Kiet said...

Thanks for the reminder C, was up in the mountains today enjoying some pristine, white snow, and it was 63 degrees!

Michelle said...

I started running when my dear friend was dying. She used to always tell me to go run because someday I might not be able to, but today is not that day, so DO IT!
3 years later, I miss her desperately, but I run to remember her...I run to honor her...I run because I CAN.

Steve said...

Charisa, thanks for sharing. I hope you were able to find that yesterday, and hope you find it again today, and every day. It seems like you do a good job with that most days. :)

You seem like a really great person btw. :)

Caratunk Girl said...

Life is way too short and things can change in a flash, that is for sure. Great reminder and way to celebrate Allison's life by reminding others to LIVE.

David said...

namaste!

Running Bums said...

Viva la vida!