Friday, October 29, 2010

Cedric's View

Training picked back up again. The next two weeks will make me stronger or kill me. I doubt they will kill me so....

Cedric has been working on his tan. This would seem like typical work for a garden gnome, but being a traveling, bike-riding gnome, his life isn't always easy. He has traveled to over ten triathlons this year. In a big, dark box. He is sometimes frisked by TSA. He has been sweated on, rained on, had GU Brew spilled on him, and I may have even cried on him once during a particularly terrible training day on the bike. Therefore, sunny, ocean breeze days are a treat for Cedric, especially since much of his time is spent in a garage.

 This is his typical view. Seriously NOT very exciting...

And his view when descending.

This weekend we will continue preparing Cedric for his long day of racing in Cozumel. After the race he's coming off the bike for some boots-in-the-sand time!

12 comments:

Christi said...

I love Cedric! I wish him and you good luck in the next couple of weeks as you train!

Running and living said...

Cedric is a lucky gnome!
I finally got by tri bike, Cannondale Slice 4! Thanks a lot for your help, Charissa!!! Good luck with the rest of the training!

TRI714 said...

Classic !! west coast freaks !! I love it.

Kim said...

oh man, so jealous you are doing Coz. Let me know if you need any eating recommendations :)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Ah the life of a triathlon garden gnome - good times!

Snakebite said...

So, Cedric's past-time, being strapped in, can be nothing more than counting your nose hairs???

Barbie said...

Lucky little Cedric.

Elizabeth A. Rich said...

Oh my gosh CW I have been meaning to tell you that there is a Gnome movie coming out!! Cedric is going to be famous in Gnomeo and Juliet!! LOL

Meg said...

Funniest post yet. Cedric's view of the sky made me sea sick.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I could use some company at IMFL next week. Can Ced come over and play....?? Can he fly alone?

GoBigGreen said...

Ced's view is priceless, especially when its sunny out. Does he have shades?:)

Libby said...

love it! poor cedric :( good luck in cozumel!! tons of fun I bet! good luck in the next two weeks, I've definitely had the thought lately that if this doesn't kill me it will make me stronger too!