Sunday, July 18, 2010

Milestones

My road bike turned over 7,000 miles today. I had a small party to celebrate. I'm saving the big party for 10,000.

Tapering involves time to sit at the beach and enjoy sunsets. It also involves trusting that all the training I have done this year has made me very ready for racing next weekend. I'm ready for the fun part - the actual race.

My mom made sure I am well-fueled for next weekend's Ironman. Homemade biscotti will be traveling to Lake Placid with me.

11 comments:

Johnna said...

Mom's are the best! Have a great race next weekend, you deserve it!

Kiet said...

Totally ready to track you and Ian next week since I'll be in taper mode and sitting with my feet up. Man, wish there was some way I could have taken Kevin's spot.

Teresa said...

okay, the biscotti looks fab!!! I finally hit 10,000 and then the thing went dead....grrr!!! starting back at zero ;(.....you are so READY!!!! So excited for you!!

tn

FLATOUT JIM said...

That biscotti doesn't look like proper taper food to me. You should pack it up and send it all to me!!!

Trust you're training, enjoy your taper. You'll do fine.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Have fun in NY
We will be watching.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Thats IMPRESSIVE!!

Have fun and goodluck at LP

Beth said...

So excited for you!! Enjoy this final week of taper and safe travels to LP! You are right - time for the fun part!!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

Yay for the milestone with your bike! Good luck this weekend, and enjoy that biscotti. It looks absolutely delicious!

Meg said...

Trust, trust, trust and how sweet is your mom? !

t-odd said...

Your mom's the greatest. I don't know if my mom even knows how to say "biscotti."

Hang in there, the taper will pay off.

You're going to crush it!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

What a great food to send you on your way with!!