Saturday, June 5, 2010

It was BIG

I just finished a 4-week block of training. The final days were rough. Friday I started my long ride and made it only five miles before a stop for coffee was necessary. Thankfully a Tour de Cafes and a text from coach helped me have a great long ride when motivation was waning.

This oatmeal raisin cookie didn't hurt either.

Ocean sneak peak.

Today's ride took me inland. I love the hay bales.

Thanks Mike for riding many miles with me!

Boise 70.3 is next weekend. I'm excited to race again.

9 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

And we will be watching.
Good luck!

Meg said...

I'm so excited for your race, you're going to rock it!

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

oh! excited for your race next wknd!

Teresa said...

See you in Boise....yum cookie!!
tn

Matt said...

enjoy your recovery week/taper! Good Luck in Boise!

Thomas Bussiere said...

Like the blog and the pics.
Oatmeal cookie - Well worth the stop.
Good luck with your race.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

cookies and coffees are a fabulous way to motivate your way through a long ride!

Good luck next weekend!!

solarpowered said...

That cookie looked really good.

I love when a text from coach gives that jump of motivation.

Good luck next weekend!

Kiki said...

Good luck and have fun in Boise!! You'll rip it up as always!! and yes, no problems sleeping in the tent, it is bigger than our camping one and I am not claustrophobic.