Sunday, May 23, 2010

Worked

My legs are worked. The training weekend was big. There was a lot of laughing mixed in with the work. I focused on the back of Ian's wheel and concentrated on not losing it for multiple hours. And because pictures are way more fun than text . . . here are a few.

I ride my bike by this Chicken-on-the-roof almost every day.
It makes me laugh.

The CD0.1 and I spent a large amount of time together this weekend. 
Good thing the bike is so comfortable!

Today's ride was cold and windy. When Ian and I started I'm pretty sure we both just wanted to go sit and eat pancakes instead of ride bikes. It seemed for the duration of the ride the wind was in our faces. Non-stop work was how it felt, and I'm the one in the draft! We finished up a solid ride and headed out to run. Ian and I don't do our runs together (because he's super speedy), but we passed each other half way through and high-fived. And that to me sums up our entire training weekend. We worked hard this weekend and the motivation that comes from having someone out there with similar goals is huge.

16 comments:

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

great training wknd!

wind on the bike is really so not fun..at all. good to at least have the chicken to make you chuckle;-)

Michelle Simmons said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Nice job toughing it out!

Meg said...

I want a chicken on my roof!

SSB said...

To say Ian is speedy on the run is in understatement.

Kiet said...

You're on my list to train with right after I'm done with Bree in Kona.

ADC said...

Great job guys.

Beth said...

Great weekend of training complete!! Great job guys! And I do have to say, that chicken is pretty darn cool. :)

Black Knight said...

Great week end of sport! You ride a monster bike: too beautiful.

Running and living said...

I agree, so nice to have someone to train with! Can't wait for your next race!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

Sounds like a productive weekend! I'm hoping to make up for my lazy weekend this week!

Jennifer Harrison said...

GOOD work on the training weekend- sounds like fun and hard work- yay!

Teresa said...

Hi-fives and cheers are the best during training, that's when you need them the most and of course they are extra special from the one you are training with. Nice job!!

tn

IAN said...

I think the highlight of the weekend was the high five. That or "Hey man, I'm gonna steal some water out of your cooler here." :-)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Most of the time Arnie pulls, so ocassionally he will yell at me to take the lead and pull. I just look at him and tell him what a better rider he is..... and he usually continues to pull..

Kathy said...

OMG, there is a BIKE called Quintana Roo? Is it named after Andres? Wow! I LIVE in Quintana Roo (Mexico) and it is pronouned keentawna row.

That bike is TOO COOL!

Mer! said...

It was SO windy this past weekend....you guys are champs for riding so hard!! Awesome!!!

I would've just sat and ate more pancakes =0....