Sunday, May 16, 2010

Going Long

Training has been shifted to long-distance for my summer Ironman. Yesterday included a run - 2 hours moderate, then hard for the final 1/2 hour. I had a couple boys to keep me moving for the first part. I was on my own for the final hard miles. Just before I started the hard effort my Dad rode by on his bike and offered me the rest of his electrolyte drink. I love that I can randomly run into my Dad on a run and he just happens to have liquid calories for me!

Following the run there was a long swim where I got wet and did a few flip turns, but not sure I did much else other than purchase half of Trader Joe's market when I got out.

Today was a long ride with good company. And of course on a long ride it is necessary to refuel!



 Trying to capture Nick and I riding...oops!
At least my helmet looks nice!

121 miles later and I'm calling it a great weekend!

14 comments:

GoBigGreen said...

Yeah for Twin Six and a great training weekend:)!
My parents live nearby and i love bumping into them at the Y or the coffee shop too!

Running and living said...

Awesome!

solarpowered said...

I'd call it an impressive weekend. Good stuff.

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

nice....121? dang;-)

Meg said...

How fun seeing your dad. I see him sometimes when I 'm running too. Next time I'll flag him down and see if he has any treats! Nice job on the miles this weekend. Are you running RnR again?

Teresa said...

Something about cinammon rolls taste 100 times better in the middle of a ride!!! Great LONG training girl!

tn

Beth said...

I just read your blog and then Teresa's blog and now I REALLY want a cinnamon roll!! :) HAHA!! Great job on all the S/B/R miles! Woo-hoo!

FLATOUT JIM said...

OH MY Black pavement, green grass, brown fences, bright sunshine, Looks so nice.

ADC said...

121 miles??? Ouch.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Dang!! And I thought my 84 was tops. I will just have to try harder.
Good job.

t-odd said...

Now that is some mileage. Good work! Ah the life of a professional triathlete.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Your dad is so cool! Congrats on the big miles - you're totally hitting your stride!

Michelle Simmons said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! :)

Heather Figueiredo said...

your positive attitude never fails to impress me! way to go!!