Monday, April 19, 2010

Cruising Along

Since I got sick a few weeks ago I've had some good days and some I'm-not-quite-well-yet days. I'm trying to listen to my body and make sure it heals, while not completely falling off the training grid. A tricky balance.

Kevin took me on some new roads yesterday. I spent the first several hours of the ride going backwards, but somehow during the first longer climb things turned around and I started to feel more like myself.

At one point Kevin almost got sprayed by a skunk. I was not fast enough with the camera, but it would have been a much better shot than this one. Thankfully the skunk did not spray either of us.

And even though I'm not quite 100% yet, being out on roads like this made me grateful to be outside this weekend.

12 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Look at that beautiful blue sky! Nice!

Glad you're feeling better...

Teresa said...

You are getting there....hooray for no stinky skunks...that would not be fun and pretty smelly!
tn

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Much prettier than my wet ride yesterday... but the natural cooling radiator was kind of nice..

Alaskan assassin said...

Love the pics. Even when sick or injured it always feels great to get out and get a little bike/run in.

Beth said...

So glad you are getting better - slowly but surely! You are so smart to listen to your body - always something that you have impressed me with your ability to do!! Beautiful pictures as always!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Sometimes fresh air is just what the dr. ordered!

t-odd said...

At least you are feeling better and you get to be out in the beautiful weather. I hope you feel 100% again soon.

Love the smile!

ADC said...

I am glad things are better. You will be 100% in no time.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

OMG!!! Look at those shoulders to ride on!!! Ohio shoulders are maybe 3 inches. What great views, next time I goto Cali, I am bringing my bike.

Lisa G said...

Exploring new roads on the bike is the best! Love the pictures - I think I would be scared to take a picture while biking!

IAN said...

I like the new helmet!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Oooh, a close encounter with a skunk! Sounds like not fun at all. Keep feeling better!