Monday, March 15, 2010

AZ Training Day 3

Can you see the similarity here?

Day three of Arizona training found us on this awesome open road doing interval repeats on our bikes. 

The entire valley behind us is filled with saguaro cacti.

It's probably good Ian and I both find random things funny. I took this picture after our 5000+ meter swim in a hot hot pool. We followed up our photo shoot with the dragon with a run where I spent most of the time feeling somewhat like death, without actually running a pace that should warrant such feelings. I guess high interval training compounded over multiple days will start to do that.

10 comments:

NJ said...

I think you're having too much fun...you need to train harder! HAHA Looks like a blast!

Running and living said...

Woo, Ian looks prickly..

Kim said...

so friggin fun! i'm just saying that ian shouldnt wear a shirt. ever.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Excuse my last post. I am getting my pros confused. Jimmy R is Bree's coach.

That cactus photo is eery... so life like. Didn't I see something about that same size in Avatar??

Yasi said...

I'm loving all of your training vacation pictures! Looks like you guys balance work and play perfectly.

Pamela said...

Love the shots - particularly the dragon...with the umbrella. Now that's just weird. Looks warm, sunny, dry - all the things it isn't here. Enjoy!

SSB said...

Is that cactus really tall? Or is it just because Ian isn't very tall?

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Swimming in hot water is right up there with my least favorite things...maybe that's why you're feeling not so great?

ADC said...

Great photos and what seems like fun camp.

D10 said...

You guys are doing amazing with all the training. Keep working it and having fun!