Friday, February 19, 2010

Palomar Turkeys

 

Today while climbing Palomar no less than 20 turkeys crossed the road in front of me. Actually in between me - I broke up the pack. Single file they crossed, all in a line. I could not get my camera out fast enough, so this is all I've got.

I could get used to climbing Palomar on work days. The mountain is quiet, no cars flying past with tourists to play in the snow, no motorcycles putting lives in danger. Just peacefully still.

I call this the burnt forest. Sad and beautiful just the same.

And a cold Kevin. One awesome friend.

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Next time you climb palomar on a work day I want an invite ;)
Happy Training to you! Hugs.

Pamela said...

I LOVE the picture of the burnt forest. It makes me melancholy, but oddly, not in a bad way...

Yasi said...

We get wild turkeys in our backyard all the time, I think we had 16 at together once! They're actually pretty vicious, or so I hear, glad they didn't attack you!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I was walking in a park one day and a whole flock of wild turkeys started dive bombing me - well really they were just coming in for a landing and I was in the way. They are SO funny! Looks like an awesome ride.

Kiet said...

You've been so freakin tough through all the bad California weather. Good stuff C.

Lisa T said...

Great, one more thing to worry about while I'm descending that mountain! :)

D said...

Nice work getting out there (you too, Kevin!). Not one baby in the Wernick household!

Eli Carlson said...

Only turkeys climb Palomar mountain, right? It'll pay off nicely for race season.

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

I'm with Lisa on the turkey-descent thing. :) BEAUTIFUL pictures - Palomar looks awesome!