Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kona Fun

Oh yeah - we are in KONA!!!!

This is the Ironman swim course. The little boat with the red sail - they serve coffee from this boat. You can swim right up to it and get a cuppa Joe on your swim. Only in Kona . . .

I love this picture - I look ecstatic to be in the water, Jeffrey looks terrified.

I have plans to get better underwater fish pictures after the race - this was a quick shot as I swam out on the course.

"Dig Me Beach" is in the background. The name says it all - its where everyone goes to check out everyone else in Kona. It's also the entrance to the swim course.

Underpants run - Kevin is behind me, Ian is in awesome 70s retro attire.

Kestrel checked out my bike. I actually put it in a box, reassembled it and did not screw anything up! Rock on!! Zoot gave us arm coolers - you keep them wet and they keep you COOL.

GU came out with two new flavors. The package on the left is pineapple - original packaging huh?! But check out the holiday flavor - vanilla gingerbread!

Ridin on Alii

2 Days!!

19 comments:

Ordinarylife said...

GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK,GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I will be thinking of you.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Have a great day!! Nothing like Kona coffee on Kona on the Kona course... Do they offer the same service race day??

D10 said...

Fun pictures!!!! Keep on enjoying Kona. Good luck.

Snakebite said...

Those are your underpants?!?

Huh!

I would have figured you for a little more, ah, I mean a little less.....

Running and living said...

Wow, such fun! Love the underpants run. Nothing like a little bonding among super triathletes:)

Rebecca DeWire said...

Thanks for the pic of the swim up coffee bar. I was reading on someone's FB that they swam to get their morning coffee and I was super confused. That is awesome.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck!!!! Enjoy your reward for all your hard work!!!!!!

LoveOfShoes said...

mmmm Vanilla Gingerbread.

GOOD LUCK this weekend, tear it up!

Kim said...

So FUN! You are so ready!! Goooooo llluuucck! Great pics! Love em..!

Molly said...

Good luck tomorrow! I will be tracking all day - you will rock it!!!!!

Roo said...

Bring me some new gu flavors! I"ll do some long runs just so I can have some vanilla gingerbread! Good luck!

FLATOUT JIM said...

Nice underwear!

Best o luck. I'll be checking in!

Alili said...

WooHoo! Good luck Charisa!!!

Teresa said...

Not sure how we missed you...oh wait, everyone was at Dig Me/Underpants run yesterday. You look great and smiling as always. Good luck tomorrow!
tn

Runner Leana said...

Looks like you are having a blast over there! I definitely want to try the gingerbread Gu!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Awesome pics! Look at you having the BEST time ever. That's my girl.

Big hugs to Steven and Kevin (Ian too but not sure if he accepts virtual hugs from strangers!)

Who knew you're supposed to wet the arm coolers? I've been wearing them dry - duh!

Be safe and have a blast my friend.

Elizabeth A. Rich said...

YAY!!!!
Ill be cheering you on ALL day tomorrow!!!! You are a rockstar lady and I hope you enjoy your day out there!!! It's KONA TIME :-)

t-odd said...

I prefer "underpants." Looks like a lot of fun. Now, get ready to work tomorrow! It's go time!

Meg Runs said...

Yum, vanilla gingerbread. LOVE the undies run...looks like you guys are having a blast! GOOD LUCK!