Sunday, September 27, 2009

OC International Triathlon Race Report

I should note that I raced the Orange County International Triathlon, which hosted the Best of the US championship. I competed in the OC Tri, but not the BOUS race.

Setting up T2 the day before, I remembered my fun Zoot shoes!

Calm peaceful water before the hectic swim start.

Transition chaos.

Happy duck (well, until we all started swimming . . .)

I am smack in the middle of this shot, trying to grab onto pack #1 that formed. I failed to grab Colleen and Brandy's speedy feet, but still had a decent swim.

I am pretty sure the guy behind me on the sidewalk wishes he were racing! The bike was hilly. I had a good first half of the bike and then my heart decided to stick to my half ironman heart rate instead of Olympic. I keep confusing it by racing 1/2 IM all season, training for a full then throwing the poor thing into a fast race.

The run is flat for two miles, then up, down, up up and away with some dirt, gravel, bark chips, etc. thrown in. I liked it.

After the race we got OTTER POPS!!! 

Maggs came from Hawaii to race BOUS and PRd her swim!

Super speedy girl friends. 
Congrats to Kristin, Beth, Terri, Colleen and Tawnee (not all in this pic) for all podium-ing.

Ian and I won overall male / female. It was pretty darn cool to stand on the podium with the friend I chase all over the county on bikes most weekends. 

24 comments:

Molly said...

Wow! Congratulations!!! What a way to kick off your taper for Kona :)

Mike said...

Congrats on winning overall female, way to go!

Leah said...

Congrats!

solarpowered said...

Wow! Awesome! Congrats on the first place, and great pics!

Lisa G said...

Congrats on the awesome race! You rocked it! It looks like a really fun (and challenging) course!

Running and living said...

Just awesome! Congrats! You look very happy in all pics...making it look easy!

Roo said...

Oh yeah! Way to kick some butt!

Meg Runs said...

You are such a pro and a happy one at that!! I'm excited for your upcoming adventure and great job this weekend!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

How cool is that! Super duper awesomeness. And fun to see Maggs in person!!

Glad you had a good race Charisa!

rocketpants said...

Great job! I was not a fan of that swim last year. Too warm and sulfer-y. Hopefully better for you guys this year.

Kiet said...

Congrats Charisa, last race before the big show and looks like you've got some speed!

Teresa said...

Way to go!
Fantastic!
You Rock!
Great work!
Woo hoo!

tn

Elizabeth A. Rich said...

HOLY COW!!! You are AMAZING!!!!

ADC said...

Wow, that is an awesome race. Congrats!!!

D10 said...

Way to rock the race!! Fun pictures too.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Holy Toledo!! So if Bree Wee didn't have a 15 minute head start in Kona...... (I'm just saying)

Megan said...

Kickass! Way to go superfast. I am going to a Ironman "party" where we are watching the races and riding our trainers (yes, we need trainers already. 45F and sideways rain today!).

Ordinarylife said...

wow - fantastic! Well done.

GoBigGreen said...

What a great day! Good luck in the taper!

Tawnee said...

Great seeing you yesterday!!! I know you work your butt off, but you make it look so easy! I had no doubt that you would win. Good job. Loved seeing you & Ian share 1st place.

Lauren Harrison said...

Congrats! Hope the taper is going well and good luck at Kona!!!

Runner Leana said...

Charisa, that's awesome!! Congratulations!!! Bring on that taper, eh?

jameson said...

hell yeah... great race and rad that you and Ian got to share the podium. you guys are going to kill it in a couple of weeks! can't wait to follow along...

Beth said...

Otter pops!!! So I saw people with those after the race but I totally couldn't locate their source and never got one. Bummer. ;) Congrats again on a great race - that course was TOUGH! Love your pictures!