Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Broccoli Invasion and Sparkly Bike

I have not purchased tomatoes or leafy greens for salad in months thanks to our garden. I even got my first carrot a few weeks ago! The broccoli apparently requires more room than I originally thought - as it has taken over. I had no idea broccoli got to be so big before it produced edible produce.

The Look got some love this week from my friend Mike. Without Mike I am sure most of my bikes wouldn't be in nearly as nice shape as they are. I bring them to him covered in sweat, dust, sports drinks, dead bugs, etc. Sometimes I also throw in the occasional odd clicking noise, just to keep him on his feet. He returns them better than new. Thanks Mike!!!

13 comments:

Running and living said...

"Most of my bikes" - that made me laugh...how many people can say that? Ana-Maria

IAN said...

I need a Mike

D said...

I've got an odd clicking noise right now. Where's my Mike?

To be clear, because we both know t-odd will be ALL OVER IT, my BIKE has an odd clicking noise. My bike.

t-odd said...

D, am I that predictable? I guess I am. I thought maybe Charissa spoke some little-known Bedouin dialect of clicks and whistles and likes to throw one in now and then to confuse Mike.

I also need a Mike - I still haven't put my seat back on my bike since my last HIM. (And, "NO!" D I have not been riding it like that.)

Elizabeth A. Rich said...

I have a Mike, but his name is Edgar... Everyone needs a Mike or Edgar!

Thanks for the good luck wishes... I REALLY hope your dad gets to race in Kona with you, that would be AWESOME!!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I too have a Mike. He is called ME. Luckily ME only has ONE bike to clean. One day I hopefully will have a mini ME.

Roo said...

So, how soon can you introduce me to Mike?

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Like the water bottle - excellent!

Who knew broccoli really needed that much space? Hhhmmmm. Interesting!

What a beautiful bike! YEA!

Ordinarylife said...

wow - I am going to have to remember that about the broccoli!

ADC said...

Having spent a long weekend in my parents' garden where you go to get some yummi and fresh tomatos, carrots, apples, grapes, plums, cherries, I am jelous. I need to live somewhere warmer where I can grow all that stuff.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Who knew broccoli was such a big plant!

Your bike is beautiful! And so is that Garmin water bottle :-)

Jennifer Cunnane said...

I LUV the bike, when do you ride your road bike versus the triathlon bike for training?